Your lease is strictly enforced by RHA. Make sure you read your Lease and know what your obligations and RHA’s obligations are. If you have any questions regarding your Lease, contact your Manager. You will also be given a Resident House Rules Handbook at “Lease-in Time”. Please refer to this handbook, as an extension of your Lease; it covers all aspects of your new home. Any rules in the handbook that are violated, is the same as violating your Lease.
Rent is DUE and PAYABLE in advance on the first day of each month and shall be considered delinquent after the fifth calendar day of the month. If the resident does not pay the rent by the end of the fifth calendar day, RHA will charge a $25 Late Fee.
Failure to pay rent will result in a 14-Day Notice and is grounds to terminate your Lease agreement. Rent and other charges can be paid at the Central Office located at 223 S. Winnebago Street during normal business hours, at your building’s Management Office, or by mail. The RHA staff will not accept cash.
You will not be charged for routine maintenance. You will, however, be charged for damages caused by negligence or abuse of the property by yourself, your family, or your guests. If you are assesed a maintenace charge, a notice will be sent to your residence stating the reason and the amount of the charge(s) and establishing a due date for payment.
Utilities paid for by the resident will be billed directly from the utility company and are the responsibility of the resident to pay. Failure to maintain utility service in the head of household and/or co-head of household’s name is cause for termination of lease.
All vehicles must be in good repair and in operating condition. License plates must be current and visible. All tires must be inflated.
The Resident shall abide by these policies:
- Use the premises as only a private dwelling unit for the Resident and the Resident’s household as identified in the Lease.
- Providing accommodations for boarders and lodgers is forbidden.
- Common household pets are permitted in accordance with the RHA Pet Policy.
- Residents are responsible for the actions of their guest and visitors. Guest and visitors must abide by the all rules and regulations.
- Residents must keep the dwelling unit and other areas that may be assigned to the Resident for exclusive use in decent, clean, and safe condition.
- Residents must not deface, destroy, or remove any part of the premises or development.
- Residents must refrain from any activity or behavior that interferes with the health, safety, or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises by other residents, contractors, or employees of the RHA.
- Maintain the premises and keep the development in a decent, safe, and sanitary condition.
- Comply with requirements of applicable building codes, housing codes, and HUD regulations materially affecting health and safety.
- Make necessary repairs to the premises;
- Keep development building facilities and common areas, not otherwise assigned to the Resident for maintenance and upkeep in a clean and safe condition.
- Maintain in good and safe working order and condition—electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, appliances, and other facilities, including elevators, supplied or required to be supplied by RHA.
- Provide and maintain appropriate waste receptacles and facilities (except for containers for exclusive use of the Resident Family) for the deposit of ashes, garbage, rubbish, and other waste removed from the premises by the Resident. Waste is defined to exclude large, bulky items, which cannot be reasonably accommodated in the receptacle provided.
- Supply running water and reasonable amounts of hot water and reasonable amounts of heat at appropriate times of the year.
RHA shall, upon reasonable notification to the Resident, be permitted to enter the dwelling unit during reasonable hours for the purpose of performing routine inspections and maintenance, for improvements or repairs, or show the dwelling for re-leasing.